I loooooooove it.
I know that when I left home I told you all that I would be back to visit soon. Well I've changed my mind. You're all coming HERE to visit ME.
Here is why I love Atlanta so far:
All my favorite places are literally around the corner and down the street from where I live!!
Whole Foods--It's HUGE!!! This store has every kind of food I like, including all the delicious foods I haven't even tasted yet!
World Peace Cafe: This is one of two vegetarian restaurants down the street from my house. I had a bowl of soup there the other night and it was de-licious!
Also there is Good Will, the Temple, the Church (yeah, that's right. I only have to drive 4 minutes to get to the temple) and the train station. I get to ride the train to work! I feel like a real commuter. It takes me about one hour from the time I leave my house to get to my office. Riding the train is better than driving because I don't have to deal with the stress of city traffic, don't get stuck in rush hour traffic, don't have to pay the toll, don't have to pay for parking AND I don't have to waste gas in my car! I just get to relax and read a book.
And oh yeah... I have an OFFICE!!! It's on the 10th floor of the music building. And that's not all guess what is in my office....
A baby grand piano! yes yes yes it is all mine (well, I do share with the saxophone professor. But I don't think she'll be around much because she only have a few students.) Check out my view:
Those of you from Iowa City: this place kicks Oasis Falafel in the BUM!! It is sooo good, the best falafel pitas I've tasted thus far in my life.
One of my favorite things is the cute little house I live in. We live in the middle of a big city, but our house is surrounded by a JUNGLE! I can't even see through the trees in my back yard. My roommates are so cool! I will write more about them soon.
Oh and one more thing--I am a minority here! Everywhere I go there are nothing but black people. Pretty cool huh? Our ward is actually mostly white, and most of the faculty at GSU are white but other than that everywhere I go I feel like a minority. It is great.
13 comments:
i am officially super jealous. beats my cabin with both hands behind its back.
have fun!!
I really miss having an office, with a nice piano in it, and a studio for that matter. Lucky....
That piano is WASTED on you. Give it to me! GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Have you been carrying your pepper spray?
everything seems so perfect! I hope you are having a wonderful time!!
Sounds great. My grandmother lives in Atlanta and Eric's brother. I've now learned more about Atlanta from you than they have ever said. Maybe since now there are three of you that would could visit there we should just pack up and start driving!!!
wow. i wish i lived in atlanta. who knew there was such a perfect town for you? sounds great. maybe we will come visit you. its between ohio and florida. we can go pick up jody and then go visit my family, and see you on the way. what a perfect trip.
Do you know how much I love you!! I am so glad to hear such good news from your corner. I think that I'm most jealous about the Baby Grand!! AHHHH! How great is that?!?!?
LOVE!!!
Very cool. =) Makes Muscatine pale by comparison. *lol* Heck, even Iowa City makes Muscatine pale by comparison.
Good luck with your job this year!
Very Jealous here. IT sounds like an amazing adventure. Next time you venture out this way, bring me back a falafel pita :)
BTW, pepper spray? In't that illegal? If not, I think I should get some for my early morning bike rides.
Wow Michele! I found your blog through random clicking! Just wanted to say that I love World Peace Cafe too! I used to eat there all the time because Peachtree Yoga is right around the corner.
Next on your to eat places must be Souper Jenny's. Its like 10 bucks and you get so much good homemade French ish food!
Post a Comment