I had a thought that gave me a bad feeling about YouTube. What if, in the future, people see us at a double reed or some other sort of musical conference and recognize us solely for seeing us on YouTube. What if they don't remember our great performance? The only reason they recognized us was because we did that crazy thing and put it on YouTube? YouTube is a great thing, it's helping bring our world together in ways never before seen. But on the other hand, it has its inherent dangers as I pointed out above. I'm very interested in what you might have to say about this Michele.
George, are you talking about the people who saw us perform live at the conference not remembering our great performance?
I think if they recognize us from the YouTube video, that's better than not being recognized at all. Someone might find us there, hear a little bit of what we do, and later recognize us and be even more interested in our performance because of what they previously saw/heard on the internet.
So I guess what I mean is recognition from a YouTube video is better than no recognition. We're not getting much attention in other forms anyway.
Michele, you make a very good point. I feel that technology's inherent danger is that the human element is too often dissociated. Did you know that you have a "data body?" People can google Michele Bowen, George Marie, or even Freddie Munster and access a wide variety of information before they or if they ever meet you. Technology is great, because it reflects the progress of our thought and being, but with this progress comes the responsibility and vigilance to use it with the utmost concern for the welfare of the world and others.
7 comments:
Wow...300 hits is not too shabby. I have some thoughts on this. Look for a blog entry later from me.
That was cool. =)
Josh and I just watched this video over our dinner meal. Cool! I mean, I was there and all, but it was cool seeing/hearing you again!
thanks Adele!! I'm so glad you were there and you actually wanted to watch the video! Cool. You guys are great.
I had a thought that gave me a bad feeling about YouTube. What if, in the future, people see us at a double reed or some other sort of musical conference and recognize us solely for seeing us on YouTube. What if they don't remember our great performance? The only reason they recognized us was because we did that crazy thing and put it on YouTube? YouTube is a great thing, it's helping bring our world together in ways never before seen. But on the other hand, it has its inherent dangers as I pointed out above. I'm very interested in what you might have to say about this Michele.
George, are you talking about the people who saw us perform live at the conference not remembering our great performance?
I think if they recognize us from the YouTube video, that's better than not being recognized at all. Someone might find us there, hear a little bit of what we do, and later recognize us and be even more interested in our performance because of what they previously saw/heard on the internet.
So I guess what I mean is recognition from a YouTube video is better than no recognition. We're not getting much attention in other forms anyway.
Michele, you make a very good point. I feel that technology's inherent danger is that the human element is too often dissociated. Did you know that you have a "data body?" People can google Michele Bowen, George Marie, or even Freddie Munster and access a wide variety of information before they or if they ever meet you. Technology is great, because it reflects the progress of our thought and being, but with this progress comes the responsibility and vigilance to use it with the utmost concern for the welfare of the world and others.
Post a Comment