Here are a few of my favorite gifts that we've received from family members. I can't wait for our little girl to be able to use these things.
First of all, my cousin Jody and Aunt Clea came to visit me a few weeks ago. Wow. That was a great gift. It was probably my last great adventure before the baby comes. We packed everything we could into the five days they were here. Including Wicked, which was the highlight (other than getting to spend time together.) But anyway, they also brought gifts with them from my family in Utah.
My cousin Sam (and Jody) made this cute car seat canopy:
And Aunt Beverly made this absolutely beautiful, soft, cozy, afgan and booties!!!
And I am SO blessed that Aunt Beverly also sent a blanket that Grandma Bowen had started years ago, but never was able to finish before she passed away. Aunt Bev finished it for her and now our little baby girl gets to have something from her Great-Grandmother:
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Aunt Clea and Jody also bought me a cool "mom-bag" while they were here. All the ladies in New York carry these huge purse/bags around with them (maybe in other places too, I don't know). I never thought I would do that but... they talked me into it because I will need the extra purse space with the baby. (And guess what--I've already started using it and the baby isn't even here yet!!)
And, just the other day I got a great gift in the mail from Mattie, my sister-in-law: a homemade nursing cover! So cute!
And finally, a gift from me. And my mom, actually. My mom made a baby quilt for me while she was pregnant and I wanted to do the same. She brought some cute fabric with her when she came out to visit back in April. And with the help of a really nice lady in our ward, I made it into a quilt. My first one! It is so soft and snuggly, I hope she likes it.






2 comments:
Nice quilt! We're excited to come see the new arrival.
What a cute quilt! I am so excited for you!!!
Post a Comment